Friday, September 12, 2008

Marie Elaine Wilson 1952 - 2008

Marie passed away on September 10, 2008.  Marie resided in Grand Terrace.  She is survived by her husband Jay, of 35 years: sons Erick and Marc: Father Veater Barton: Sisters Karen Zollinger, Jean Petrilli, and Jackie Peasley.

This week has been a rough one as we lose another close family friend.  My mother and Marie shared a special bond that is hard to describe in words.  Marie and her family have always been like immediate family.  My favorite memory of Marie was when I was 4. I had this Malibu Beach Barbie with the cutest hot pink and black bikini.  They made the same bikini in the little girls size.  I wanted this "Bakini" (as I called it!) so bad. My mom refused to let her 4 year old wear this sassy swim suit.  Sure enough Marie purchased it and put it on me before we went to the beach.  I was the hottest little totty on the beach!

Marie always went above and beyond to spoil us.  She made so many miserable trips in the snow (she hated the cold) just to come see our faces.  I can only imagine the places her and my mom are in now.  Probably in Lake Powell or Hawaii mooning the tourists!

We love you Marie!

4 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

Cacia, I hate to comment on such a sad post, but I am so excited to hear from you! I have been wondering how you have been being preggo. I was so sick also, so sorry. You guys are darling. Hooray for blogging!

Mandy said...

good luck this weekend!

Brooke said...

So sorry to hear about that Cacia. Thank goodness you have the most AMAZING memory and will always have those memories to hold on to! I love you and admire you in SO MANY ways!

Garr's Mom said...

Cacia, I know that they are doing important things in Heaven. Maybe they will meet my mom and her friends. Thankfully, we have the knowledge and testimony of the plan of Salvation, it is such a comfort. I know one day we will ALL be there together. I can't wait to talk to your parents about you... You are the best!!