Saturday, February 27, 2010

Scary day at Primary Children's

I woke up to Adele choking and gagging at 3:00 am- and she was barfing nonstop through the rest of the morning. At 8:00 am I called her pediatrician and they told me to take her right to Primary Children's. I was thinking this wasn't that big of a deal, but since she had thrown up so much and was acting a little delirious they were worried she was dehydrated. Of course this all happens when Ty is out camping with the scouts, so I packed her up and headed up to the hospital. The doctors first words to me are, "this could be as simple as a virus or she may have pressure on her brain and we may need to do a brain scan". What?! A brain scan- lets not throw that out there unless the procedure needs to be done. Anyway the doctor gave her Pedialyte, but that lasted about 2 mins. So they put a catheter in to check for a UTI. Adele just laid there and looked around during the whole process- not a peep! Next they put an IV in to get her electrolytes and fluid levels back up. This was so sad- she was really upset. After getting the IV in we had to wait an hour for the fluid to go in her system. Luckily she was sleepy so her and I snuggled in the hospital bed for the hour and then Ty arrived. They discharged us and told us to keep a close eye on her. They still aren't sure why she was so sick because she had no fever or any other symptoms. I am just glad she is a tough girl and is feeling much better.
I love that even though she is as sick as a dog, she still pulls a big cheeser for the camera!


10 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

I hate that story. Kids should never have to be in the hospital. But Adele seems to not mind it according to those pictures. I'm glad she is feeling better. Love her.

Andrea said...

How scary! I'm so sorry. What a cutie!

Dasha said...

Poor Adele! Looks like she handled it like a champ though. Mike and I saw you guys running on Holladay Blvd on Saturday (at least I think it was you guys). We were going to honk but didn't want to freak you out.

Mandy said...

so scary but those pictures are adorable

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I can imagine how stressful that would be and to still not have any answers! I hope you guys are doing well and we wish you the best!

Letti said...

That stuff always seems to happen when we are by ourselves. I am so glad that everything was ok.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, hope you are having fun in California. Hope the wedding day was wonderful for all of you. Have fun in San Fran! Give adele a hug from Grammy!!! Love you

schaars said...

Ohhh so SCARY! I am so glad that she is ok. She is so dang CUTE I really can't believe how big she is getting.

Emily said...

Poor thing! My son had that happen and he has food allergies (just something to think about in case it happens again) I

Emily said...

Poor thing! My son had that happen and he has food allergies (just something to think about in case it happens again) I