Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nursery time

Over the holiday break we did more work than we did relaxing. The end result was totally worth it.

This is what we started with . . . . 
I chose a yellow paint that was scary bright in the day.  So after two coats of the scary paint, I decided we needed something a little more calm.  Tyler and I put on two coats of the new color. Four coats later we are now master painters and have beautiful walls to look at!  All Tyler could think of was the markers and pen marks that would soon cover our pretty walls.  We switched out the lamp on the ceiling and replaced it with a fun chandelier. 
Our friend Logan helped Ty assemble the furniture, got some carpet and wa-la! We have a beautiful nursery. Well almost, we still need a mattress.
Nana knows she is not allowed in there and waits at the edge of the room wanting so badly to go in.

10 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love the nursery! I still haven't seen your cute house... We all should get together soon, and have a baby shower. I miss you and your family!

Adriane said...

Your nursery is darling! my crib and changing table are still in their box waiting for a house! I am very jealous! Lizzy is right we do need to get together really soon!

cdiddy said...

I like the room. I need to come and see it before I leave to Italy.

just jason said...

how freakin cute is THAT??? FUN FUN FUN!!!!

aprilaleman said...

Wow, what a great job you did. Its amazing what you did in there with not doing much at all.

Cody and Tennille said...

I love it Cacia! The color looks perfect...Good work.

Moffat Family said...

you're not even done and it's already one of the cutest nurserys i've seen. i love your bedding!

Holly said...

Lizzy and Adriane are both right, we do need to get together for a baby shower. I love the nursery and the furniture--absolutely beautiful!!! I am so excited for the two, actually three, well really actually four, of you! You will make the best parents and Dally will make the best Auntie and Nana the best watchdog! Love ya!

bethandtravis said...

Looks GLAMOROUS! She will luv it!

The Nakkers said...

So cute! I love your crib and dresser. She will be here sooner than you know. So exciting!!